Welcome to Brenton on Sea Cottages
Brenton on Sea is situated on the scenic Garden Route coastline and nestles between the Indian Ocean and the hills of the Western Head of Knysna’s Estuary, a 16 km drive from Knysna. It is a breathtaking holiday location and a nature lover’s paradise with its unspoilt beaches and peaceful surroundings. Brenton is the ideal backdrop to an intimate wedding ceremony on the beach with beautiful views and dramatic sunsets. Your accommodation is situated a mere two minute walk from the 7 km beach. You will go home enriched, with unforgettable memories and great stories to tell.
It’s time to leave Brenton, as this is our last day, the sunsets on the ocean, the views along the way. We’ll miss the walks along the beach, the dolphins as they play, the very friendly people who help you everyday. If God made everything in days of seven, surely Brenton is His finest work, for us it’s just like heaven. – “Mel Bangle”
Our accommodation includes self-catering chalets, semi self-catering cabins, a honeymoon suite or a luxury chalet with a spa bath. The chalets have three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a lounge and a fully equipped kitchen. The cozy wooden cabins for couples consist of a bedroom, en-suite bathroom, semi self-catering kitchen and balcony. From the moment you arrive at Brenton on Sea Cottages you will be treated to the unspoilt surroundings, Brenton hospitality and thoughtful amenities.
Heaters, blankets as well as all linen and bath towels are provided but guests need to bring their own beach towels. Wi-Fi vouchers are available for purchase and tea and coffee facilities are provided for the first night. There are six DStv channels and all the SABC channels and Etv. An iron and ironing board is available in the Chalets and a travel cot with bedding is available upon request.
The resort has a swimming pool, braai facilities as well as shaded parking and located nearby is a conveniance store and the Nautical South Restaurant with the beach in walking distance.
- Convenience Store, 044 381 0106
- Nautical South Restaurant, 044 381 0106 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; nauticusplace.co.za
Ideal for wedding guests, family reunions and tour groups
Our capacity is 92 guests
Brenton on Sea is the perfect base from where you can explore the treasures of the Garden Route. This unspoilt destination is perfect for walking, sunbathing, swimming, fishing, jogging, cycling, canoeing and other activities:
Activities and Attractions:
- Brenton on Sea Beach Walk is an easy 4.54km (one away) stroll to Buffalo Bay and takes around 2 hours. Enjoy breakfast or lunch at Buffalo Bay overlooking the ocean.
- Come and enjoy some exciting rock and surf angling. Brenton boasts very popular angling spots, like Castle Rock, Jaapse Bay & The Blokke
- There are several caves to the east of Castle Rock that invite exploration.
- Fishermans walk is a romantic and scenic cliff top path where schools of dolphins and whales are often spotted.
- Paragliding is a popular pastime and tandems are available for those seeking adventure.
- Lake Brenton provides a jetty and slipway for boats and canoe.
- The Garden Route is known as the Golfing Mecca of South Africa. With no less than 12 golf courses, all within an hour drive.
The greater Knysna area offers a feast of excellent markets.
Other Garden Route Activities:
The Knysna Elephant Park, Forest Walks, Birds of Eden, Monkeyland, Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre, Living Local Community Experiences, Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours, Cycle Tours, Deep Sea Fishing, Sailing, Whale and Dolphin Watching, Featherbed Nature Reserve and Lagoon Cruises. Kids Maze and play area at Plett Puzzle Park. Adventure Land supertube and quad bike ride Plettenberg Bay. Info available at the Brenton Office.