4 star And AA Superior Accommodation
Elegance, tranquility and relaxation are what you will discover at the Blue Oyster B&B. We are superbly situated high upon the ridge overlooking the quaint town of Knysna, with breathtaking 180 degree views of the Knysna lagoon, heads and the beautiful Outeniqua Mountains as a backdrop.
A sense of timelessness is what awaits you upon your arrival at this Mediterranean-style B&B. We are less than 2km from the centre of Knysna making us ideally situated for you to explore all the sites and attractions the region has to offer.
Relax at the fireplace in one of our lounges or alternatively take in the heavenly view from the patio, watching the various activities happening on the lagoon. We look forward to you joining us for a comfortable stay in this relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
The Blue Oyster B & B’s elegantly furnished rooms offer style, comfort and privacy. All rooms overlook Knysna town with views of the lagoon and heads.
Breakfast – Feast on our sumptuous full english or continental breakfast in our sun filled breakfast room overlooking the sparkling pool and garden, or weather permitting on the outside patio. Tea/Coffee making facilities are also available through out the day in the breakfast room.
Our philosophy is rooted in the spirit of “home-made hospitality” so please feel free to enquire if you require any assistance regarding your travel plans in and around Knsyna.
The following facilities are available:
- Comfortable guest lounges with fireplaces
- Swimming pool
- Garden area
- Fax, telephone and internet facilities upon request
- BBQ/Braai area’s
- Laundry/Iron service on request
- Airport shuttle service
- Restaurant reservations
We regret no children under 12 allowed.
Outdoor activities include swimming, bird watching, boating, canoeing, fishing and plenty more, while rainy days will see you in restaurants and shops, viewing wildlife and the amazing scenery on the many drives.
Sun and sea
The Garden Route offers some of the best water sport areas along the Southern Coast of Africa.
- Hire a boat, or bring your own, and cruise our beautiful lagoon, streams and rivers
- Take a ferry across to Featherbed Nature Reserve or to the Knysna Heads – enjoy a romantic sunset, or leisurely lunchtime cruise.
- For an adrenalin rush in the water, go shark cage diving at Mossel Bay or Blackwater Tubing at Stormsriver.
- Watch the dolphins and whales play along our coastline.
- Paraglide in heaven – soar above the coast and have a birds-eye view of this beautiful environment.
- Abseil down the Knysna Heads and other cliffs on the coastline
- Rock climb in some unique and beautiful areas
- Explore the area by quad bike (biking on the beach is not allowed due to the fragile eco-system).
- Experience the thrill of hanging from a cable and gliding from one tree top to another in the dense Tsitsikamma Forest.
- Visit a Game farm just a few minutes outside of George and watch the crocodiles feed.
- Visit one or more of the world-famous ostrich farms in Oudtshoorn
- Touch leopards at a wildlife ranch.
- Get up close and personal with the inhabitants of Monkey Land.
- Visit the Cheetah farm, the Knysna Elephant Park and see the Knysna Seahorses in the Knysna Lagoon.
- Enjoy one of the many Nature Reserves in and around the Knysna area.
- George offers you the opportunity to go back in time and experience the old railway history of Southern Africa at the Railway Museum.
- Take the Outeniqua Choo-Tjoe steam train from George to Knysna and travel through the most scenic coastal areas.
- Indulge in fresh Oysters from the Lagoon and visit the local brewery.
- Take a trip through to Oudtshoorn and experience the Cango Caves.
- Visit the Post Office Tree and the Dias Caravel Museum in Mossel Bay.
Visit us at: 11 Rio Street Heuwelkruin, Knysna or alternatively us the convenient email reservation form to contact us.