Great White Shark Diving in South Africa
So . . . you want an eyeball to eyeball encounter with a Great White Shark in South Africa?
Boy, you are in for much, much more than that on board Slashfin! Our marine biologists and expert crew members will not only show you where these mysterious and misunderstood apex predators hunt and hide, but they will also explain to you how and where they feed, breed and breach.
What you can expect
Going Great White Shark Diving in South Africa and more specifically a trip on the Slashfin, is a combination of goosebump thrills, education and relaxation on a luxury boat in the company of experienced experts and researchers! They will show you how to distinguish between a male and female shark and how to identify a specific shark by its unique dorsal fin and scars. The 20 – 25 minute boat trip to where the activity is to take place, is by itself an exhilarating adventure.
Named after a legendary 3,3 m male shark with a very distinctive dorsal fin, the Slashfin is a unique, multi-million rand aluminium boat custom designed for speed, stability, safety and space and can comfortably accommodate 40 passengers and the crew at a time.
On any given day, we also usually see at least two or more members of the Marine Big Five – sharks, dolphins, whales, seals and penguins, as well as several bird species.
Why We Are Different
Marine Dynamics is not only THE South African shark cage diving company best geared to give you a once in a lifetime adrenaline-packed close-up encounter, we are also a 3 in 1 multi-functional and multi-awarded Ecotourism and Conservation Enterprise guaranteed to rock your boat in more than one way!
A dedicated marine biologist on board every trip
A fully licensed Restaurant and Crew House, aptly named the Great White House, which includes facilities such as: 2 marine rooms where professional safety and informative briefings are given before each trip + separate ladies/gents/handicap restroom facilities with a 5-star rating + curio shop
We guarantee clean, dry wetsuits (a rarity in the industry)
Our crew receives as many compliments as the Great White Sharks, with more combined experience than any other Shark Cage Diving crew.
You will leave with great memories and a deep appreciation of this majestic animal.
Don’t Want to Go in the Cage?
Guests who prefer to watch the Great Whites and the rest of the Marine Big Five from the boat and do not wish to enter the cage, can relax. The boat based viewing is exceptional and our experienced skipper and crew know exactly where and when to find the evasive marine animals to ensure that everyone aboard gets more than an eyeful!
Here is a brief breakdown of what to expect:
- Before the trip guests meet at the Great White House in Kleinbaai
- You will receive breakfast or lunch and register your wetsuit size
- Guests receive a pre-trip safety briefing about what to expect during the trip and a biological background on great white sharks
- We then take a 200m stroll down to the harbour to board Slashfin
- Travel time to Dyer Island is approximately 20 minutes, with the shallows being a short 10 minute ride (where we anchor depends on where the sharks are)
- On average, we anchor for 2.5 hours, but this depends on shark activity, conditions, as well as number of divers
- Weather permitting, we take a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley
- Lastly, a debrief in the Great White House and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion!
Book your dive today by filling in the right sidebar contact form.
Shark Cage Diving in Cape Town